Sunday, March 12, 2017

So Glad We're Friends

I am sharing a card I made for a dear friend's birthday. Terrie and I go way back to when we were in high school together! And friends, that's been many years ago!
 I attended a Stampin Up Technique class and water coloring was the focus.  I tried my hand at water coloring which is way out of the box for me.

 I stamped the flowers in Versamark and embossed with silver embossing powder on water color paper. I started with a dark purple ink using an aqua painter by Stampin Up and filled the inside of the petals with a lighter shade of purple. The hearts were painted with a medium shade of pink but it looks red in the picture. I outlined the flowers using a greenish blue ink.

 I took a piece of white ribbon, made 3 loops and using glue dots, adhered it to the back of the oval. I adhered the oval onto a purple,embossed panel which was adhered to a white card. The card was adhered to a light purple panel.

My grandson was christened on February 19th. Here are a few pictures to end my post for today.
Enjoy your week ahead.

                                                         My daughter Dana was Godmother -

                                                  

2 comments:

  1. The watercolor on your card is really neat looking. Great job. I can imagine how fun it is! And the possibilities. I like the way you did the ribbon.

    How neat that Dana was Bradley's godmother. They look so cute. He seems to have a lot of personality!

    Have a great week!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card, Nancy! Your grandson is so sweet and looks like he is going to be tall!

    ReplyDelete