Thursday, July 5, 2012

Another scorcher...

Whew - it's going to be another scorcher day here in Chicagoland. Forecasting in the mid 90's with heat index around 115 degrees. Is 'scorcher' really a word?! Well, I think I'm getting the message across - hot, hot, hot! But today I am going to spend a few hours with my goddaughter Krista at her pool! So alot of fun in the sun but staying cool at the same time. This is how I like to spend a day off from work. And of course, making cards :)
Speaking of, another birthday card - this one is going to go to a co-worker. I have 3 July birthdays to celebrate at work and then all the August birthdays in my family are next!



I just received a package from Blue Moon Scrapbooking where I had ordered some Melissa Frances goodies and the cupcake resin was one of them. I couldn't wait to use it! I'm not quite sure how I feel about this card. It's kind of plain - not sure what else it needs?
The papers are also from Melissa Frances. The die cut doily is from PTI, lace trim from Michaels Craft Store and rose trim from Maya Road.
That's it from me for today. I'm off to pack my tote with sunscreen, water, sunglasses and a good book!
Enjoy your day -
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. I think this card is pretty. Love Melissa Frances products--can't go wrong with them in my opinion! We are scorching here with the temps, too--101 expected on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete