Sunday, February 26, 2012

Early riser...

What a morning so far I've had! Never enough time in the day to complete one's chores, tasks, wish list, crafts...I truly hope to be able to enter a card in this weeks Card Pattern challenge. However, I am having my family over this afternoon for a lasagna dinner in celebration of my daughter's birthday and graduation which was earlier this month.
I have always been an early riser and this morning was no different! By 6:00 a.m. my pasta was boiling, and gravy was simmering. Finished reading James Patterson's "Private Games" as it is due back to my local library in 2 days! I have saved the chore of vacuuming for last - we have a hairy cat. Need I say more?

I do have a card to show you today. Another birthday in the family! I made several ahead of time! Here is the one I chose to give her:


This is the same pattern I followed when making my niece and nephew's birthday cards a few weeks ago. I love the sketch. I don't remember where I found it but I'm sure I'll use it over and over again.


My daughter's birthday was the 16th of this month. All her friends took her out to dinner and followed up with an evening of dancing and a few cocktails! Oh, to be 24 again!! Here is the card I made for her:



Again, same pattern I used for my sister's card above, and same patten papers and card stock. Just replaced the flowers with buttons and bling!
Thats all for this morning. I need to check on the 'gravy' that is simmering on the stove, vacuum, and hopefully get in my craft room to make the card for the challenge over at Card Patterns!
Have a great Sunday,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment