Saturday, February 9, 2013

Birthday wishes...

I am sending up good wishes and prayers to all the folks out east enduring the blizzard! I work with a bunch of great people in our Massachusettes office and they were sent home yesterday by noon due to the weather conditions. Stay safe my friends!!

I am also sending birthday wishes to my little sis - happy happy birthday Vonnie!! A bunch of the family are getting together tonight at a fabulous resturant and winery called Cooper's Hawk - good food and great wine. My favorite is a sweet, red wine called Romance Red...gah, to die for! My sis also likes to make cards and loves to scrapbook her 2 little guys. So, to help out her addiction, I bought her a gift card to one of her favorite scrapbooking stores!

To gift wrap the gift card, I used my new Papertrey Ink Pillow Box die and slid the card inside.
A perfict fit for a gift card! After die cutting the pillow box with black card stock, I used Versa-mark to stamp the birthday present image and heat embossed with Ranger's Seafoam White embossing powder. I secured it shut by tying a white ribbon vertically and finished it off with a felt red rosebud from my stash.
To coordinate with the pillow box, I made her birthday card staying with the black and white theme.


White and black cardstock from Stampin Up, seam binding from My Craft Spot, red rosebud from my stash and the sentiment is also from Stampin Up. I used a Spellbinder die to cut the tag.

Well friends, hope you have a fabulous weekend.
~N~

1 comment:

  1. The card and pillow box are beautiful! Love the stamped pattern on the box, the toile print on the card and the touch of red to each. Happy Birthday to your sister and have a wonderful dinner.

    ReplyDelete