Sunday, July 22, 2012

Finally engaged!

It's a wonderful day! My son finally proposed to his girlfriend of 7 years! High school and college sweethearts they are! I'm on cloud nine :-) I've known about it for the last week but was sworn to secrecy as he wanted to do it the 'old fashion' way and go to her parents first and ask their permission for her hand in marriage...aww, so sweet! I'm so proud of my boy!
Last night I attended my high school class reunion...40 years! My brother drove up from Louisville, Ky and stayed at my house as he attended the same high school - graduated a few years before me but it happened to be a multi-class reunion so that was fun! Met up with some amazing women I went to school with - love them all!


I am also taking a mini vacation and driving to South Haven, MI with my sister Lynne. Leaving Wednesday morning sometime, mapping out the route and hope to find some scrapbooking stores along the way! I love taking these short road trips to other towns and states and looking for craft stores! My sister Chris, her husband and another couple are already there - can't wait to get there!
So now for the card I have to share - my first order from Pretty Little Studio delivered last week! So of course, I had to play with the pattern papers and stickers that I ordered. I made a masculine birthday card which is a challenge in itself for me!




The pattern papers and the stickers are from the Monsieur collection, button and twine from PTI, sentiment is from It's Your Birthday from  Stampin Up. It was still too plain and needed something. So I took some kraft scrap paper and added some trim at the top of the card.
That is it for me for today. I am off to start packing for my mini vacation with my sisters! Have a great week!
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. What a cute card! I know what you mean about making masculine cards. I'm much more comfortable with the girly things. Have a wonderful vacation! Hope you find a lot of craft stores along the way!

    ReplyDelete