Saturday, April 14, 2012

Card Patterns Sketch 161

I finally had a chance to join in the challenge at Card Patterns. My son has a birthday coming up on May 6th but since I'll be gone on my cruise to the Bahamas I'd thought I would make his card and at the same time, enter it in the challenge. Here is the sketch:

Kraft card stock was used for the base and stars. Pattern papers are from MME Follow Your Heart - Be Amazing. Die cut and stamps are from Papertrey Ink.


How was everyone's Easter? I had my annual egg hunt for my sweet nephews. I laid out 100 plastic eggs which included 3 'golden eggs' all over my back yard. I filled the eggs with pennies, dimes, nickels and quarters along with wrapped starburst candies and jelly beans. They are so cute running all over the yard, filling up their baskets with as many eggs as they can! Some of my family came for dessert. This year my contribution to dessert was baby carrots. Baby carrots for dessert, you might ask?!! Well, take a look:


Aren't they adorable? They are chocolate covered strawberries! Wilton sells colored chocolate for melting and they happened to have orange! Saved myself alot of time not having to color it myself. I found this idea on Pinterest! Love that site - although I'm not as addicted to it as some folks I know!
I'm off to post my card over at Card Patterns - thanks for stopping in!
Nancy

4 comments:

  1. Your card looks great. I love the paper and colors you chose. Those strawberries look delicious!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy.....you have won my give-away...I need your address asap..to give to Michele at purple on ion.....thanks...email me at cjubilee37@yahoo.com
    I will be posting you won on my top blog post so if you could comment that would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card Nancy. Love it. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns! Please be sure to use a direct link next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Cardpatterns

    ReplyDelete