Monday, November 21, 2011

Friendship mini album

Good morning friends! And a happy thanksgiving week to you all. As I have lots of vacation time accumulated at my place of employment, I have taken this week off from work. No christmas shopping for me - no,no,no. I plan to stay home and craft, craft, craft! Two of my sisters also have the week off so we are hoping to find a few hours together and start making our Christmas cards.

Several months ago I had won a give-away from Pam Hooten's blog - The Iris Garden.  There was a mini album by Tattered Angels in it. I himmed and hawed about a theme to alter it with and finally have finished it - all about 5 women whom have stayed friends since who knows how long! A few years we all went out for dinner in honor of a birthday one of the girls was celebrating. Of course I brought along my camera! So I made a mini scrapbook as a keepsake from that night. Here are a few pictures of some of the pages...

I first painted the front cover - toffee brown by Delta Ceramcoat, adhered a piece of scrap pattern paper from my stash and the strip of gorgeous beaded trim (part of my give-away package!).


Lots of Melissa Frances and Crafty Secrets papers, stamps and embellishements were used throughout this album.






I also used my Big Shot and Cricut to die cut journeling cards as I'm sure she will have lots of memories to record from that evening! Lots of misc. ribbons, pearls, and glitter!
There are many more pages in this album of actual pictures of each one of us that I also included but perhaps that will be for another time. Until then, I think I will join the challenge over at Card Patterns this week as I have not entered in quite some time.
Happy Monday!
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment