Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merriest Christmas Eve

Hi all,
Merry Christmas Eve! Are you all ready for the big day? I am! Surprise! All I have to do is make my famous Texas Sheet Cake to bring to my sister's home for our big feast tomorrow. I did buy some last minute gift cards to put in my children's stockings...yep, still filling those stockings hanging on the mantel even though they are 23 and 25 years old! 
Of course those gift cards need a holder so I've been whipping up some gift card holders that I had learned to make a few years ago in a Stampin Up class.





All you do is cut out a 4x5 piece of card stock, adhere a piece of pattern paper on top. Take a smll envelope and fold it in half. Cut the right side of the top of the flap off and glue the left side down. There is your opening to slide in your gift card! Then take another piece of card stock, decorate it with your favorite embellishments, weave a strip of ribbon through the bottom and wrap it around the envelope before adhering the envelope on top of your pattern paper. Easy Peasy! This is a good way to use up those scraps of card stock and pattern papers left over from other projects.
Well, the post man just delivered a package for me from Two Peas in a Bucket!! Yippee - now my October Afternoon "Holiday Style" is complete. I'm off to start a holiday mini scrap album. Or two...
Merry Christmas to all
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment